The registry aims to:
- Collect epidemiologically sound and consistent data across Australia to:
- Increase the accuracy of estimates of specific renal disease incidence and prevalence;
- Increase the accuracy of estimates of chronic kidney diesease (CKD) incidence and prevalence;
- Improve understanding of the phenotypic expression and natural history of disease;
- Identify factors that predict prognosis and outcomes, particularly in relation to progression to end stage kidney disease (ESKD) (dialysis/transplantation), cardiovascular events or death;
- Assess current patterns of care and clinical practice;
- Improve evidence for best practice-based guidelines for patient management;
- Reduce variation in treatment and improve outcomes as a result of better implementation of evidence-based guidelines.
- Facilitate awareness and promotion of clinical trials nationally, and potentially facilitate identification and recruitment of eligible volunteers to relevant clinical trials
- Enable research by providing aggregate, de-identified data to research entities.
- Promulgate new knowledge to inform best practice and care services.